We wouldn't ask you to ride towards a world free of MS if we weren't prepared to help you do it! It’s more than a ride; it’s the anticipation and preparation for an incredible journey. Training is a journey in itself and is essential to a successful ride. Training will help you to prepare mentally and physically for Bike MS NYC.
Let us help prepare you to ride 30, 55 or 100 miles to help create a world free of multiple sclerosis!
Classes & Clinics
NYC Velo Weekly Shop Ride
When: Saturdays at 9 a.m.
Where: Blue Bottle café in Gotham West Market on 11 Avenue and 45 Street
What? The ride rolls out by 9:30 a.m. and the group will ride to New Jersey via the George Washington Bridge. Click here for more info.
Danny’s and Metro’s Monthly
When: Last Thursday of Each Month; 7 – 8 p.m.
Where: Danny’s Cycles and Metro Bicycles (9 locations)
What? Learn the basics of bike maintenance and how to change a flat tire. Everyone gets a chance to practice hands-on! Click here for more info and call to RSVP.
- Eat well and drinks lots of water! Your body will thank you as you take on the Bike MS NYC challenge.
- Get out and be active! Whether it’s biking, running, swimming or hitting the gym, fitness is key.
- Is training a pain in the rear? Purchase a pair of padded bike shorts if you’re not already a proud owner.
- Stretch! This a crucial activity for muscle recovery and will help get you back in the saddle week after week.
- Give your bike a check-up! The last thing you want is to discover a problem with your bike on the morning of the ride. Bring your bike to one of our Official Bike Shops and have them look it over.
We are pleased to introduce you to TrainingPeaks, the official training software of the Bike MS! TrainingPeaks is an interactive, web-based training log and food diary designed to help individuals achieve their health and fitness goals. Subscription to the basic edition is FREE for Bike MS participants, and you have the opportunity to download custom-written cycling training plans, developed exclusively for us by renowned cycling expert Joe Friel, author of “The Cyclist’s Training Bible” and the new official coaching partner of the National MS Society.
We hope you’ll find TrainingPeaks to be a great benefit to you as you prepare for your Bike MS ride. Bike MS is unlike any other cycling series in the world. It’s a revolutionary ride that unites us all in our mission to end MS. And we’re here to support you from beginning to end!
The Training Guy
The Training Guy is our Bike MS NYC Committee Chair and avid cyclist, Michael Pagano. An expert on bicycle routes in Southern New York, Michael hosts weekly training rides and is a helpful resource for training tips and bicycle maintenance. Be sure to check out The Training Guy on Facebook for more information about upcoming training rides and Bike MS NYC.