Policy for Minors Participating in Bike MS New York City
The National MS Society has instituted a strict policy for minors who wish to participate in any Bike MS event in the country. All participants must be 12 years of age or older on the day of the ride. No one under the age of 12 will be permitted to participate in a Bike MS ride.
Individuals between the ages of 12-17 that would like to register for Bike MS New York City can do so online, but must submit a notarized Minor Waiver and Release Form to the National MS Society. We must have this waiver on file before the event, and the participant must have raised the fundraising minimum of $200 in order to receive a packet containing mandatory event day materials.
Click here to download the
Please mail, email, or fax the complete, notarized Minor Waiver and Release Form to:
National MS Society
Attn: Michele Mertens
733 Third Ave., Third Floor
New York, NY 10017
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at bikeMS@msnyc.org or 212-463-9791.
In addition, the requirements below apply to all participants between the ages of 12-17:
- All participants, regardless of age, are required to pay a registration fee and meet the $200 fundraising minimum.
- Participants between the ages of 12-17 must have a notarized waiver on file with the National MS Society to participate.
- Participants between the ages of 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult, age 21 or older, at all times during the ride.
- If the parent/legal guardian is not riding with the minor, he/she must be available by phone during the ride.
- Prior to the ride, safety information will be available online to all participants. The parent/legal guardian should review the information with their minor who is riding.
No tagalongs, youth seats, burleys, trailers or carriers will be permitted. Tandem bikes will be permitted as long as both riders are physically able to pedal the bike and are 12 years of age or older. Both riders must register, have an official Ride bib and have met the fundraising minimum by the weekend of the ride.
- If a participant attempts to ride with a minor who is not wearing an official Ride bib, or is in one of the banned cycling components (noted above), both the adult and the minor will be asked to leave the ride. All official Ride bibs will be confiscated.